[erlang-questions] CT and test.config

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Thu Apr 23 15:41:22 CEST 2015

My main need is to be able to modify app variables on the fly, to test
different behaviors from CT.

I'm fed up with this so I'm no instead initializing in my CT
`init_per_suite/1` function all the application variables like this:

set_environment_variables() ->
    % read config file
    ConfigFilePath = filename:join([filename:dirname(code:which(?MODULE)),
"test.config"]),
    {ok, [AppsConfig]} = file:consult(ConfigFilePath),
    % loop to set variables
    F = fun({AppName, AppConfig}) ->
        set_environment_for_app(AppName, AppConfig)
    end,
    lists:foreach(F, AppsConfig).

set_environment_for_app(AppName, AppConfig) ->
    F = fun({Key, Val}) ->
        application:set_env(AppName, Key, Val)
    end,
    lists:foreach(F, AppConfig).

If anyone knows a better way, please let me know.

Best,
r.