[erlang-questions] Messenger example

nat n tomorrow_is_waiting_for_your_smile_@REDACTED
Thu Apr 23 01:27:21 CEST 2015

I am having trouble running the example from this tutorial:http://www.erlang.org/doc/getting_started/conc_prog.html#id67907In specifics, the "A Larger Example" and the one before that.
I have two computers on the same network that are running Mininet/Ubuntu (using Virtual Box).What confuses me is this: "(Note: erl -sname assumes that all nodes are in the same IP domain and we can use only the first component of the IP address, if we want to use nodes in different domains we use -name instead, but then all IP address must be given in full.)"How should I then call "erl", what options need to be placed when starting erlang?