[erlang-questions] erl_scan issues

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Apr 21 14:15:54 CEST 2015

Hi!

Why should the first whitespace be part of the dot token and not a separate
white_space token? The dot is recognized anyway (and it can also be
followed by a comment, in which case the % character is correctly kept
together with the rest of the comment).

Of course I can handle this case specially, but it feels that it is
unnecessary to have special cases without a meaningful reason. If there is
a reason, I suppose it should be documented in the file, like other
conventions about how the syntax is handled are.

regards,
Vlad