[erlang-questions] Does erlang:now() guarantee that subsequent calls to this BIF returns continuously increasing values even in erlang cluster?

Daniel liudanking@REDACTED
Mon Apr 20 08:41:55 CEST 2015

Hi, dear list,

I am looking for a global sequence generator in erlang cluster.

I think erlang:now() is promising, because it is fast enough and “also guarantees that subsequent calls to this BIF returns continuously increasing values”. But I am not quite sure whether this guarantee also works for erlang cluster which have several nodes running on different servers?

I have read Time and time correction in Erlang (http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/time_correction.html), but still have no conclusion.

Daniel Liu