[erlang-questions] Nitrogen-based XMPP client?

Radosław Szymczyszyn lavrin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 15 17:08:05 CEST 2015

Hi Lloyd,

It's nice to see interest in MongooseIM.
One of the support libraries we use when developing the server is
Escalus - an XMPP client brought to life as a lib facilitating
functional testing, but usable outside a testing environment. After
struggling with Tsung for stressing XMPP servers we also started using
Escalus as core of a load testing tool and never looked back.
The thing to keep in mind if you intend to use it is: use
escalus_connection directly, not escalus_client. The latter might be a
bottleneck if you intend to drive a lot of connections with it (it's a
single process) - it's not a problem for a functional test suite, but
might be for some real world applications.
The project is available on GitHub: https://github.com/esl/escalus/

At this point it's probably obvious, but to make it explicit: I work
at Erlang Solutions on MongooseIM, Escalus and XMPP. I'm also
reachable as radoslaw.szymczyszyn @ the company's domain.

Best regards,
Radek Szymczyszyn