[erlang-questions] Amazon API -- Lookup by ISBN

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Wed Apr 8 22:47:02 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm striving to look up books in Amazon's db by ISBN. At first blush it looks easy enough:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/EX_LookupbyISBN.html

But the last item, Signature, baffles me. Procedure here:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/rest-signature.html

I'm fine with this until I hit step 4:

-- Sort parameter/value pairs by byte value --- I can see how to do this manually, but don't know how put Erlang to the task

And I'm really stumped when I hit step 8:

-- Calculate an RFC 2104-compliant HMAC with the SHA256 hash algorithm

Any help? Better yet, does anyone have actual code to make such requests they're willing to share?

NOTE: Dave Thomas solved this problem way back in 2007. But looks like Amazon has changed their request format:

http://pragdave.me/blog/2007/04/15/a-first-erlang-program/

Many thanks,

LRP