[erlang-questions] Erlang for enterprise applications -- best practices

Florian Waas flw@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 19:11:01 CEST 2014

Based on mailing list traffic and conversations with Erlangers over the
years, I¹ve come to believe that most systems written in Erlang are either
hosted services (e.g. web servers, messaging) or embedded systems shipping
as an appliance, often on custom hardware configurations (e.g. networking,
switching).

It seems, few systems, if any(?), are ³classic² enterprise software that
is installed, operated, and troubleshot by IT staff that have absolutely
no Erlang background.

Gearing up to ship my own Erlang-based enterprise app, I¹m curious to hear
from others about their experience in this space: do-s/don¹t-s, best
practices, experience, war stories, gotchas, customer expectations etc.

Happy to compile this into a best practices doc if there¹s a significant
number of replies.

Thanks,
-fl.