[erlang-questions] [ANN] 'Intro to Erlang' @ Bangalore, 15 November 2014

Madabusi Govindarajan madabusi.govindarajan@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 16:35:11 CEST 2014

Hello all,

i'm teaching 'Intro to Erlang' @ Bangalore, 15 November 2014

This is an affordable 1-day event for any technical individual in Bangalore
who may be interested in learning a bit of Erlang. Requires some hands-on
coding. If the response is good, then we plan a follow-up event - bring in
a renowned expert for advanced topics.

Full details at: http://www.keyfunda.com/events/

[If you are an experienced Erlang programmer then this event is not for
you. However if you are in Bangalore and would like to show up to check out
the scene, just send me a note & i'll get you a free ticket.]

The content is quite challenging for 1 day, but we'll try.

Thank you,
Madabusi Govindarajan

CONTENT
0. Installing Erlang (offline)
1. Executive summary of Erlang and applications
2. Basics
        Shell and expressions
        Modules, forms, funs
        Tuples and Lists, Recursion
        Code: Simple prime sieve
3. Processes and messages
        Spawning processes
        Code: Parallel prime sieve
        Code: Comparison with node.js and vert.x
4. Distributed Erlang
5. Data storage: ETS and Mnesia
6. A simpler server in Erlang
7. A roadmap for learning OTP (see note below)
8. A sip of Elixir
9. Homework: Modeling an epidemic with Erlang