[erlang-questions] Could not open pty master

Iván Martínez ivan.martinez@REDACTED
Wed Sep 24 21:00:32 CEST 2014

Hello all,
Does anyone know why I'm having the following issue with a CentOS 7 system
with kernel 3.10.23?:

$ run_erl priv/ log "erl"
run_erl:187 [6505] Wed Sep 24 18:42:39 2014
errno=1 'Operation not permitted'
Could not open pty master

It works as super user. It also works in a Fedora 20 system with kernel
3.16. I couldn't find any difference in user groups or /dev file permits
between both systems. Starting with a user with UID above or below UID_MIN
doesn't make any difference.  I don't think it matters, but the only
difference I could find is that the CentOS has many /dev/pty* files already
created, while the Fedora doesn't have any.

Thank you,
Ivan Martinez