[erlang-questions] Erlang Memory Question

Eranga Udesh eranga.erl@REDACTED
Wed Sep 24 03:13:51 CEST 2014

Well, yes I may deliberately lie.

However my suggestion is to, instead of doing a full sweep by the garbage
collector (GC) to identify data going out of scope and reclaim, can the
program (or rather I) deliberately say I (the calling process) is finished
using the said data, so the GC may free that part.

Then the GC may carry out it's own logic, which it currently does to verify
if the same data is referenced by any other processes, etc., and decide if
to GC or not.

= Eranga