[erlang-questions] Erlang segfault ?? OMG

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Sep 22 10:49:51 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM, 卓一抗 <zhuoyikang@REDACTED> wrote:

> * From the place where the error happens I assume that this is during
> start up. Is that a correct assumption? =>
>
> it's not start up , my program run few hours and get the segment fault.

Then the error did not happen in erts_bfalc_init as that is only called
during startup before any schedulers are even started.

> * Can you get a full core file?
>
> => the core file is too large , more 2G , it not write successfully..

It should be possible to get quite a lot of information out of a partial
core. Have you tried just setting ulimit -c to 1 GB and then check if you
can get any info from that core?

> * Are you running any non-Erlang/OTP nifs/linked-in drivers?
>
> not nifs.... competely erlang/otp

Are you 100% sure? No third party libs use nifs/linked-in drivers? This
type of error almost always turn out to be nif/linked-in driver related.