[erlang-questions] I need a little newcomer help with basic STDIN\OUT code.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer@REDACTED
Thu Sep 11 18:07:49 CEST 2014

Hello,

My name is Eliezer and I have never used erlang before.
I am writing couple helpers for squid proxy server as a practice task.
I understood that erlang can provide concurrency options and was curios
about writing a small acl helper using it.
I have written example helpers in python, ruby, perl and couple other
languages and I want to write one in erlang too.

Since I am not familiar with the syntax I would like to get a
recommendation about a brief tutorial that can help me get this specific
task done.
The program task is:
read each line from STDIN and response accordingly to STDOUT by a
procedure\function\method.

In ruby, perl and python I have a method to fetch only one line from
STDIN which allows me to run a couple things on this line only while the
STDIN buffer receives more content.

I would like to do the same using erlang.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eliezer