[erlang-questions] erl_driver: is char *buf from control safe?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Tue Sep 9 18:40:58 CEST 2014

I need to send binary to driver, do some  VERY cpu consumptive job with it
(transcoding video) and return back.

I was trying to use dirty NIFs, but it seems to be very unstable: after
several hours of work whole erlang machine becomes very, very slowly
without any CPU usage.

Now I try to migrate to erl drivers, but I've got new problem: I don't
understand how to get zerocopy from erlang level to C level.

Zerocopy of binaries is a must-have requirement, because copying raw video
can take up to several gigabits per second inside single node.