[erlang-questions] cnode interface memory allocation

Dror Mein drormein@REDACTED
Mon Sep 8 11:08:55 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I'm writing a c application that communicates with an erlang node. In order to send messages to the node I need to create erlang terms (ETERM structure).
it appears that all functions in the C library "erl_eterm" allocate memory when creating erlang terms.
For example, erl_mk_binary copies the binary provided to it, instead of only creating the pointer.
I want to prevent this memory allocation to optimize speed.
Has anyone done this before?
Is there a better way to create eterms?

Thanks