[erlang-questions] Erlang and Akka

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek@REDACTED
Mon Sep 1 23:06:06 CEST 2014

On 01.09.2014 19:20, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> I'd thought for some time that Erlang ought to have a process declaration.
>
> The problem is that processes have no names Pid = spawn( fun() -> ... end)
> yields an anonymous process - we can't talk about the process Pid
> since it has no name.
I believe one could do all of what you describe right now rather easily
in Haskell. But it wouldn't buy you much, because the key information is
_in_what_state_ does the process send or receive given messages.

But I fell uncomfortable writing this to the person who came up with UBF
some time ago. For complex message flows, having an intermediary whose
sole responsibility is to check the flow, with a grammar for example,
always seemed like a good idea to me. Maybe internalizing UBF into
erlang somehow would be a way to go?

--
Kind regards,
Wojtek Narczynski