[erlang-questions] Binary pattern matching on ETS

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Oct 27 10:02:11 CET 2014

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Eduardo Gurgel <edgurgel@REDACTED> wrote:

> Is it possible to match the prefix of a binary using ETS match spec?

It is not possible.

> And if it's not, is it a limitation or just a missing implementation?

At the moment it is both :)

I've never tried to do something like that, but I would guess you work
around this limitation by extracting what you have to match from the binary
into a surrounding tuple before doing the insert. Right now there is afaik
no plan to add the possibility to do this.

Lukas