[erlang-questions] How to build web chat in Erlang?

Rainer Hansen rainer.hansen@REDACTED
Wed Oct 8 16:43:39 CEST 2014

I want to create a web chat solution in Erlang. First I want to build a
prototype to demonstrate a web chat idea. Hence, the first solution does
not need to be very sophisticated (only 1-to-1 chat) and will probably
need to handle less than 300 simultaneous connections.

For this demonstration purpose I have been scanning the web for possible
open-source projects and tutorials to help me get started quickly. I
have found a tutorial about creating a basic web chat application with
Cowboy: https://github.com/hcs42/cowboy_tutorial_webchat

and basically using a XMPP-JavaScript library (Strophe.im or
Converse.js) together with ejabberd. I have not yet tested any of these
approaches.

I wonder if someone knows about alternative approaches, tutorials or
open-source projects.

Regards,
Rainer