[erlang-questions] analogue of lists:keyfind and other lists:key*** functions for lists which contain maps

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Sun Nov 23 21:32:18 CET 2014

Yes, I was thinking about separate functions, like mapfind, mapmerge etc,
not about making a Frankenstein from lists:key** ones. Of course there's no
problem to write such simple library myself, but having built-in fast bifs
would be just more convenient as the more and more people will model
objects by maps instead of proplists, use lists of such objects in their
programs and expect CRUD operations over such lists.

There are 12 lists:key*** functions at the moment and it looks like it
makes sense to replicate all of them as lists:map*** ones. The edge error
cases will be "what to do when a map does not contain the key?". In this
case lists:key*** behave differently in different functions - lists:keymap
throws and exception when list contains a single non-tuple, lists:keydelete
allows such lists.