[erlang-questions] Emysql: a cry for help (Harbinger is releasing control)

Wed Nov 19 22:29:52 CET 2014

It sounds really awesome you would take over the work by volunteering with
no time at all :) However, much as I would like to add you to the
repository, it is not mine. It is owned by Henning Diedrich, but I can
vouch for you to be added if need be. Also, the immediate work that needs
done is to triage all the open PRs and pull those in which makes sense. I
don't want to be the judge too much on the direction to take though my
style has mostly been to stay backwards compatible at all costs. Mostly
because one has to strike a balance deciding if this is development or
maintenance.

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Michael Truog <mjtruog@REDACTED> wrote:
> > On 11/19/2014 08:18 AM, Jesse Gumm wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 19, 2014 10:16 AM, "Jesse Gumm" <gumm@REDACTED> wrote:
> >>
> >> What about creating an organization on github called emysql and move the
> >> repo over to that, promoting a handful of team members whose
> contributions
> >> you trust to be acceptable.
> >>
> >> Then we don't have to figure out whose repo is "official" every couple
> of
> >> years, just promote contributors to the repo and magical things happen.
> >>
> >> -Jesse
> >

> > I agree.  This approach makes the most sense.
>
> One other option - and this one would minimize moving parts until the
> library is (wave hands) re-launched as something better - is for
> Jesper to just add some of us as contributors to deal with the PRs.

J.