[erlang-questions] Distributed application and netsplit

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 22:18:08 CET 2014

> The problem is, once the net split has been detected, how then to manually shutdown the unwanted application instance(s) in such a way that the distributed application failover continues to work from that point forward.
>
> The OP already has application-specific code which is able to detect that a net split / split brain scenario has occurred.
>
> Furthermore, the OP is “ok” writing application specific code to attempt to resolve the situation at that point.
>
> The question is, what is the “best” way to go about doing that?

thanks.

ok so it sounds like more clearly what we want is to know that OTP has
been designed / will be updated to handle this at the level of it
"going back to normal" at the OTP level, leaving the actual "sync up"
part to the individual applications that use OTP.