[erlang-questions] Does anyone have experience with LETS?

Gokhan Boranalp kunthar@REDACTED
Mon Nov 17 22:03:53 CET 2014

RocksDB is an embeddable persistent key-value store for fast storage.
RocksDB can also be the foundation for a client-server database but
our current focus is on embedded workloads.

*What is RocksDB suitable for?*

RocksDB can be used by applications that need low latency database
accesses. A user-facing application that stores the viewing history
and state of users of a website can potentially store this content on
RocksDB.
A spam detection application that needs fast access to big data sets
can use RocksDB. A graph-search query that needs to scan a data set in
realtime can use RocksDB. RocksDB can be used to cache data from
Hadoop, thereby allowing applications to query Hadoop data in
realtime. A message-queue that supports a high number of inserts and
deletes can use RocksDB.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Michael Gebetsroither <michael@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 2014-11-17 04:51, Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:
>>
>> Ulf, I discovered that we have been in good company.  According to the
>> speaker at this RICON talk a few weeks ago, both Yahoo and Facebook
>> discovered the exact same things.  :-|
>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYp52oeDx4&list=PL9Jh2HsAWHxLco7V1SjU9hUzP53CBZOYO&index=20
>

> And they created rocksdb based on levelDB which is fit for such server
> workloads.
>
> http://rocksdb.org/
>

> Michael Gebetsroither

BR,