[erlang-questions] Calling for help to improve contents on erlang.org

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Nov 13 17:22:49 CET 2014

Hi,

This response is addressed to OTP Team, as Bruce already knows what I am
saying here.

Please make the erlang.org code and content open-source, and add a link
to this repository at the bottom of all erlang.org pages.

This is not only easier to contribute to for programmers, but will make
people who read contribute spontaneously (even if they don't end up
using Erlang) and will also address the concerns of those who do not
want to contribute to closed software/platforms.

On 11/13/2014 06:14 PM, Bruce Yinhe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are aware that parts of erlang.org <http://erlang.org> need
> improvement. For example http://www.erlang.org/article/tag/examples and
> http://www.erlang.org/course/course.html are outdated. We would like to
> see a number of small code examples for beginners. The purpose of these
> examples is to provide an attractive and useful introduction for people
> who are interested in adopting the Erlang programming language.
>
> Please send us your input. We would like to call for help from the
> community since OTP team does not have too much time and it is not
> possible to submit pull requests for editorial of erlang.org
> <http://erlang.org> as of now.
>
> Any other suggestions for erlang.org <http://erlang.org> are always welcome.
>
> Best regards,
> Bruce Yinhe