[erlang-questions] Mnesia vs. ets+dets

Charles Hixson charleshixsn@REDACTED
Mon Nov 10 08:19:37 CET 2014

Sorry, something seems to have happened to what I originally sent. So
this is essentially what got cut:

Those controls tell me what I needed to know about the original
question.  Every 3 minutes to save seems reasonable, though I'd probably
want to increase the number of allowed writes without flush to 100,000.
But while looking things up I read some things that seemed to mean that
Mnesia wanted to either hold the entire database in memory (disc_copies)
or not hold any cache (disc_only_copies). This doesn't sound good, as
what I need is a cache of active records in RAM.  I can still do this by
using disc_only_copies and using it to fill an ets table which I
occasionally flush to Mnesia, but this seems unexpectedly clumsy.  Am I
reading the documentation incorrectly?  I really don't expect to be able
to fit the entire table(s) into RAM.