[erlang-questions] Performance question

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Sat Nov 8 13:13:33 CET 2014

Hello,

The problem is ‘global’ here. It turns out that “processing” of large binary chunk at once is not very efficient using binary:replace or binary:split. The “custom” algorithm works better. Like you’ve shown this to us.

However, If you are pipelining the binary operation with something else (e.g. parsing, counting, whats-not) then binary bif’s wins. I am not able to speak about binary:replace, I’ve never used that at my code but binary:split without global rocks. It was capable to out-perform a custom accumulator functions.

Best Regards,
Dmitry