[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlang.mk 1.2.0 + small Cowboy/Ranch updates

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Nov 7 14:26:40 CET 2014

Hello,

I have just pushed a major update to erlang.mk that I feel requires a
proper announcement.

erlang.mk is a fast and highly configurable GNU Make build and testing
tool for Erlang: https://github.com/ninenines/erlang.mk

erlang.mk 1.2.0 is made available thanks to 49 contributors. Most of the
changes listed below are from user contributions; everything else is
based on user feedback. Great job everyone!

  *  Add "make erlang-mk" to automatically update erlang.mk to the latest
  *  Add "make shell" to quickly have an Erlang shell with paths set
  *  Add "make elvis" to run Elvis on your project
  *  We now have 55 packages in the index
  *  Add a script to add packages to the index easily
  *  Add support for Mercurial
  *  Optionally fill "id" key with "git describe" output
  *  Compile dependencies with only +debug_info set
  *  Add a fallback if wget is missing
  *  Make sure tests can find the project's include files
  *  Only download the index file when strictly necessary
  *  Don't delete the index file on distclean if it's custom
  *  Allow overriding the method and directories analyzed by Dialyzer
  *  Improve output, templates, documentation

We are currently working on adding a eunit plugin and escript build
support (similar to rebar escriptize). Both are user contributions and
should land in soon. Feedback on the eunit plugin is welcome.

In addition I would like to hijack this email to announce Ranch 1.1.0
(https://github.com/ninenines/ranch/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md) and Cowboy
1.0.1 (https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/blob/1.0.x/CHANGELOG.md). The
Cowlib library also changed
(https://github.com/ninenines/cowlib/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md). All
these changes are small and you should be able to update from 1.0
without modifying your code.

Enjoy!

--
Loïc Hoguin