[erlang-questions] Performance question

Tyler Margison kolorahl@REDACTED
Fri Nov 7 04:41:03 CET 2014

I'm not sure if this would affect performance or not, but I believe
binary:replace looks at variable-sized patterns whereas your remove_pattern
function only work for one-byte patterns. What if the pattern is larger
than 1-byte in length? It definitely works for <<"\n">> but I don't think
it would work for <<"\r\n">>. Perhaps there is a performance degradation
when calculating pattern length? Again, I'm not sure if that's part of the
performance problem, but the two functions you propose are not quite
synonymous.