[erlang-questions] [ANN] eunit_formatters
Thu Mar 20 00:23:50 CET 2014
Let's face it, the output from eunit is pretty awful, even with the
'verbose' flag on. It's not made for average humans. I got fed up and
created a new tool to ease my pain:
Its main features are:
* Prints progress through the test suite on a single line as dots (Pass),
asterisks (Skipped), and 'F' (Failure/exception).
* At the end of the suite:
* Prints skipped tests and groups
* Prints test failures; built-in eunit assertions have more
* Prints the top 10 slowest tests (as determined by wall-clock time)
* Summarizes the time elapsed and the success or failure status
* Optionally prints output in color via ANSI-escape sequences
Instructions for how to set it up with a rebar-based project are included
in the README.
Those of you who have used the RSpec runner in Ruby will recognize the
formatting, I basically mimiced it.
There's lots still to do here, but I hope people can try this on their
projects, start tinkering with the code, and help me improve it.
Pull-requests are encouraged.
Sean Cribbs <sean@REDACTED>
Basho Technologies, Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions