[erlang-questions] Rebar help

Dave Cottlehuber dch@REDACTED
Wed Mar 19 09:02:31 CET 2014

On 18. März 2014 at 23:15:38, David Mercer (dmercer@REDACTED) wrote:
> I am trying to hop on the rebar bandwagon, but cannot seem to get it to compile. I am following
> the instructions at https://github.com/rebar/rebar. On Windows 7, I did the following.
> Error highlighted below:
>
> Command 'escriptize' not understood or not applicable
>
> Congratulations! You now have a self-contained script called "rebar" in
>
> your current working directory. Place this script anywhere in your path
>
> and you can use rebar to build OTP-compliant apps.
>

> Despite the congratulatory message afterwards, there is no rebar file. Anyone know
> what’s wrong?

Not yet, but it doesn’t work for me, which it used to do :-), same issue.

In the meantime, I usually have a pre-built one here;

http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/tools/

It’s not absolute latest rebar but it should work for most projects, built from R14B04 so it should work everywhere. Just drop it in your path.

I’m travelling today but will take a look early next week unless somebody else gets to it first.

BTW I’d like to see rebar do the same thing as in erica, https://github.com/benoitc/erica/blob/master/bootstrap#L45-L56 where the unix version creates a working windows one. It makes it very easy to maintain a working version for both platforms without actually having to use windows ;-).

--
Dave Cottlehuber
Sent from my PDP11