[erlang-questions] gen_tcp send non-blocking in erlang?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 11:29:56 CET 2014

As far as I remember, Unix API doesn't give you any ability to tell that
you have received ACK.

There are many reasons. One of them is that TCP socket is a pipe only from
application point of view. Kernel sees TCP as a window: some fragments of
window are received, some are not. When to notify you? When all buffer is
sent?
Perhaps in such way your application will be very inefficient, because you
will have to spend more time fetching data from remote server or local disk
and send again.

Maybe you should take a look at some application level confirm? "Hey there
is a packet #145", "Thanks, I've received #145".