[erlang-questions] what is the format of disk_log

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Fri Mar 14 12:53:25 CET 2014

Hi Solomon,

I assume you've read http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/disk_log.html , and that
you're trying to read a log written in internal format.

In that case, you'll want to verify how the log is written by the disk_log
code. As the documentation states it is repairable, my guess is that it is
probably binary terms with additional housekeeping. I had a quick peek at
the code and, unfortunately, it doesn't look easy to figure out the exact
format. It is binary terms, but the housekeeping values elude me. :-(

With external format, it's up to the logger to define the format. Thus much
easier to handle.

Sorry, can't be of more help.

Regards,
Robby