[erlang-questions] No JSON/MAPS interoperability in 17.0?

liuyanghejerry liuyanghejerry@REDACTED
Mon Mar 10 12:56:02 CET 2014

于 2014/3/10 18:14, Anthony Ramine 写道:
> I didn’t assume anything about your own knowledge so feel free to do the same.
>
> Even jsx, the most popular Erlang JSON lib, has options to handle these issues.

于 2014/3/10 18:07, Jesper Louis Andersen 写道:
> Hi,
>
> Some important points to consider:
>
> * If you put a library into stdlib, it becomes a slow moving target.
> That is, changes to this library will take months. Since maps are so
> new, it would be better to iterate the library outside the standard
> release in any case. Cutting down the OTP standard libraries is an
> important goal since it unties the hands of the OTP team so they have
> to maintain less code.
>
> * I think the parsing/unparsing is the least of the problems to
> handle. We can, with proper options, work around oddities that doesn't
> follow the standard correctly in both directions.
>
> * The library API however, is going to be hard to tackle. Some will
> want a C-NIF because lolspeed. Some will want stability and an
> implementation in Erlang. Some will want SAX-style parsing and some
> just wants a term fully decoded. Some will want an enumerator/iteratee
> pattern for chunked decoding over a socket. Some will hate streaming.
> Some will like to inject transforming functions into the JSON parser.
> Some will want the ability to turn JSON objects into erlang records.
> And so on. Any implementation will only support a subset of this.
>
> The different implementations have differing guarantees. I think this
> is good because we avoid one-library-to-rule-them-all and the bad
> design symptoms it brings.

Okay, then. I didn't consider that much. Is there anything like
"playground" for experimental libraries? Start JSON library there may be
better?