[erlang-questions] hot code reloading

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sun Mar 2 09:10:43 CET 2014

The remote call bar:hello() will always call the newest version of
bar:hello/0. The calling module is irrelevant, even if the call happens
from the old version of bar the newest version will always be called using
that syntax. A local call from bar to hello() (or an equivalent
closure) would use the current version referenced by that process.

Modules are not linked together in any way so how or when they were
compiled is not so relevant.