[erlang-questions] Which IDE do you use for Erlang/OTP core development?

Paulo F. Oliveira paulo.ferraz.oliveira@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 15:34:28 CEST 2014

On 25 June 2014 10:18, ami <m3oucat@REDACTED> wrote:

> (...)
> Which IDEs do you use to treat all the source tree(both Erlang & C) as a
> single project?
> (...)
> The most needed features are:
> * go to declaration

Check 3. below.

> * code completion

Check 1. below.

> * easy navigation through the code

I'm using Sublime Text for development and bash for the other stuff
(compiler, dialyzer, eunit, etc.).

There's also a nice (albeit I think not maintained at the moment - updated
1 year ago) Sublime Text plugin called SublimErl (
https://github.com/ostinelli/SublimErl) that introduces:

1. auto-completion (mostly satisfying, but with a few minor issues -
sometimes doesn't find a function)

2. auto-indentation: which I don't use

3. quick goto functions: it's buggy at the moment, but it least it opens
the file it's supposed to (only doesn't target the line correctly)

4. auto-compilation, upon saving: which is a very nice feature as it shows
you a console with errors, if any (I'm using it along erlc's
warn_missing_spec, so that way I keep everything -spec'ed all the time)

Hope it helps.

- Paulo F. Oliveira