[erlang-questions] Erlang is *not* a implementation of the Actor model Re: Go vs Erlang for distribution

Yann SECQ yann.secq@REDACTED
Tue Jun 24 17:39:57 CEST 2014

Le 24/06/2014 13:54, Peer Stritzinger a écrit :
> How is having a quite different semantics being a "implementation detail".
> But I should probably give up, the "Erlang is a implementation of the
> Actor model" meme seems to be stronger than unimportant details than
> semantics.

I've found this piece particularly interesting in the context
of this thread:

The Hewitt Actor Model and the Labyrinth of Metaphysics
http://carlos-trigoso.com/2014/03/07/out-of-the-labyrinth-of-metaphysics-v-001/

Cheers, yann.

--
Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq