[erlang-questions] [ANN] cowdb 0.1.0 released

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Mon Jun 23 11:46:35 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Alexander Alexeev <mail@REDACTED> wrote:

> Looks great!
>
> I wonder,
>
> 1. Are there any limits on number of keys, database size, etc?

Only OS limits apply. The number of  keys and the size of a database file
are not limited.

> 2. What made you create your own database engine? Is it something wrong
> with HanoiDB?

I wanted a simple index storage on top of the couchdb btree. It's not the
faster one but it proved to be robust along the years. The btree code by
itself exist as a standalone library:

https://bitbucket.org/refugeio/cbt

It already contains some optimizations compared to the version in use in
apache couchdb.

Cowdb by itself will be one of indexed storage used in one another project
I expect to release in july. A new version of cowdb will be out at the end
of the week. I still consider the usage of hanoidb as another storage, but
I am a little worried about its lack of support (or apparent lack of
support). I asked many time about its status and none answered. Someone
told me it was not that stable but I did't try it hard enough myself to
confirm or not.

I hope i answered to your concerns.

- benoit