[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lasse 0.1.0

Juan Martín juan.facorro@REDACTED
Wed Jun 18 21:20:52 CEST 2014

Hello Erlangers!

Inaka is happy to announce the release of *Lasse*, a library for
implementing Cowboy[1] SSE (Server-Sent Events [2]) handlers.

    https://github.com/inaka/lasse/

SSE is a technology that allows a server to push events to a client using
HTTP/1.1 chunked responses.

The motivation behind this library is we noticed these type of handlers
have a lot in common with each other in terms of their implementation and
the type of messages they process. All the details related to establishing
a connection and generating events is included in the library, so that the
module that implements the *lasse_handler* behavior has to only be
concerned with the logic and contents of the events sent.

There's currently a single toy example under the *examples* folder: a
handler that broadcasts a "pong" to all clients when it receives a *ping*
 message.

*All feedback is extremely welcome. *

This is my first library in Erlang, please be kind!

Thanks,

Juan Facorro
juan.facorro@REDACTED

[1]: https://github.com/extend/cowboy