[erlang-questions] Crazyflie and Erlang: Anyone already playing with this? (Triggered by "Erlang for youngsters")

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 23:20:39 CEST 2014

On 17 jun 2014, at 21:35, Boris Mühmer <boris.muehmer@REDACTED> wrote:

> Well, the Crazyflie is like an Andruino on "wings"... I didn't want to run Erlang on top of it. Instead I want to interface the Crazyradio: model the controllable parts of the Crazyflie as "processes", interact with them, which in turn communicate using the Crazyradio to control the Crazyflie.

A client would probably be easy enough to hack.

> Somewhere on the Bitcraze web-site was a hint to put a Raspberry Pi on top of the Crazyflie. Maybe run Erlang on the Rasperry Pi to autonomously control the Crazyflie. On the other hand, this may be too big for an Raspberry Pi... or it may be too slow.

Sound like a cool enough idea. If the copter can carry the Raspberry Pi and an extra battery. Why not.
(A bit strange but fun ... :-)

> I couldn't find much information about the AR.Drone. I even think, that somewhere in the SDK was a passage, that developers aren't allowed to fiddle with the internals/firmware; that was something quite surprising, with what can be seen in the "Drone In-flight Firmware Upgrade" video.

Oops, but it is my property and I want to destroy. We we asked for permission but never got a reply.
If it gets "big", I guess they will probably ask me to remove it. And yes, I did do some (easy) reverse engineering to
figure out where the gpio/uart/i2c was located etc. But they are using linux so they must supply any software
modification they do...

/Tony