[erlang-questions] Erlang for youngsters

Yuri Lukyanov snaky@REDACTED
Mon Jun 16 12:50:29 CEST 2014

I'm not a teacher at all and I don't pretend to be objective here. But
my and my colleagues' experiences with Erlang tell me that Erlang is
simple to learn. Most of us came to the current company with _zero_
experience in Erlang or any other functional programming experiences.
I personally was a complete PHP guy. My first impression on Erlang was
"it's very different and hard to learn". But in two weeks we was able
to read and understand Erlang code and write simple stuff.

My point is that Erlang is not hard-to-learn, but rather
hard-to-realize-it-is-easy-to-learn. It's easier than one can imagine.
Perhaps, that could be a statement to spread out.

Just thinking aloud.