[erlang-questions] Which technology I should choose?

Maxim Sokhatsky maxim@REDACTED
Thu Jun 12 00:57:57 CEST 2014

I would recommend you to search "erlang binary websockets".Just try it.
5HT

From: co7eb@REDACTED
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:42:26 -0400
Subject: [erlang-questions] Which technology I should choose?

Hi all, I’ve been wondering if I could ask for an advice from the community to help me choose a good tec for a project I am developing. My primordial priority is not to be productive, I like pure Erlang as it is, no dummy frameworks for productivity, I’m looking for something clean and powerful at the same time, I already choose Extjs 4.2 for the view, because the project is about accounting and statistics, and the graphics and visual that extjs gives is a very nice and interesting fact. I have a weak choice for yaws for the server at the time. What I would like to know is if there is another web server better than yaws to combine it with extjs, the idea is to export an API REST or another kind of API that allows a good communication with extjs using json, also that supports for web-socket or any real-time server push technology, that is primordial since I need a real-time app, ex: Chicago Boss have a very interesting mechanism to do that, since it use a long-polling strategy, that is very interesting, the only problem and almost impossible to deal with CB is the errors formatting and definition. A good documentation is required too. I hope someone can help me to decide.I will appreciate all kind of suggestions. Best regards,Ivan.