[erlang-questions] Atomically replace named process?

Tobias Schlager Tobias.Schlager@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 10:23:51 CEST 2014

Hi,

I know this not exactly what you're asking for, but you could use a (registered) process group as a middleman and add you gen_server's into that as needed.

Regards
Tobias

Von: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED]" im Auftrag von "Roger Lipscombe [roger@REDACTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2014 09:17
An: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Betreff: [erlang-questions] Atomically replace named process?

I've got a gen_server with a particular name. I've got a bunch of
other processes calling and casting to it, by name.

Can I spin up another gen_server, and have the name transferred
without anyone noticing? That is: can I redirect the calls and casts
to the new process without interruption?

--
Roger.