[erlang-questions] sext encoding of maps

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 09:00:06 CEST 2014

I made a first stab at encoding maps using sext.

I have not yet updated the EQC spec, or added any checks to ensure that the code will compile with a pre-R17 OTP (it won’t).

I only gave a fleeting thought to how prefix encoding of maps should work.

The good news is that the encoding is backwards compatible! :)
That is, I was able to squeeze in maps between tuples and lists, without having to rearrange type tags.

Comments and contributions are welcome:

https://github.com/uwiger/sext/tree/uw-maps

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com