[erlang-questions] Documentation on Binding a C library to Erlang

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Fri Jan 31 22:42:02 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM, kraythe . <kraythe@REDACTED> wrote:

> Greetings, I am a newbie to erlang. I am interested in binding a c library
> that I have as source (that I have written) to Erlang. In Java I would use
> JNI. In Erlang I don't know. Can anyone point me at where the docs are for
> this? Especially a tutorial. Google has been unrevealing and i have been
> through hundreds of dead ends.

If you really want the C library running together with the Erlang VM,
you'll write either a set of native implemented functions (NIFs) or a
linked-in driver. See the links below.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/tutorial/nif.html
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl_nif.html
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/driver.html