[erlang-questions] The quest for the perfect programming language for massive concurrency.

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Jan 30 21:23:55 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> You come from a very different world, most languages don't have their
> specific IDE and graphical tools to do things. Erlang does come with an
> Emacs mode (http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/tools/erlang_mode_chapter.html)
> but that's only good for Emacs people.

Just a gentle reminder: there is an IDE for Erlang, http://erlide.org. It
can do a lot of helpful things, among others integration with the debugger
and with Wrangler. It's based on Eclipse, so it's on the heavy side, and
the list of things to be done is long, but I'm working hard to improve it.
The next big thing (coming soon!) will be building with make/emake/rebar,
so that more projects can use it.

If anybody tries it, even if it doesn't get many stars, please let me know
what is bad and what is missing, with a use case or two. I can only do a
few things at a time and it would be best if these were what people need
the most.

best regards,
Vlad