[erlang-questions] [ANN] mekao - SQL constructor library

Jesse Gumm gumm@REDACTED
Sun Jan 12 18:12:05 CET 2014

Hi Daniil,

Assuming the URL for the project is https://github.com/ddosia/mekao

Cool! This is very similar to an idea I'd been kicking around: using
records to represent SQL query abstraction.  I think records are a
pretty excellent construct for this kind of composition (similar to
how Nitrogen uses records to compose HTML documents and javascript) -
definitely superior to string concatenation.

I may find some time to play around with this project.

Thanks for sharing!

-Jesse

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Daniil Churikov <ddosia@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello dear list!
>
> I would like to announce small library (currently under 500LoC), which
> intended to help in SQL queries construction.
> The main goal is to cover very basic type of queries, and provide mechanism
> to easily extend it if needed.
> Note that as one of the key concept is that you use records as db-data
> representation, otherwise it may not be useful for you.
>
> It is early alpha and I share it because it is already covers some of mine
> usecases and I want to catch right direction to move on.
>
> Anyway spend few minutes to check README or read some tests.
>
> Thanks!

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm