[erlang-questions] Imlpementing a multi-machine application

Huseyin Yilmaz yilmazhuseyin@REDACTED
Thu Jan 9 11:00:39 CET 2014

Hi,
I have a message publisher process which will be registered to global
process registry. I want this publisher to publish messages to many
listener processes that are located in several different nodes.  My current
code sends messages to all listener processes separately (
https://github.com/huseyinyilmaz/publicator/blob/master/lib/server/src/s_channel.erl#L198),
so those message will go through the network to other nodes separately even
though every process gets the same message. In order to get better network
performance, I thought to spawn a publisher process in every node and
publish the message locally for all nodes. Is this a good implementation?

I am also open to different implementation suggestions.