[erlang-questions] How can I close standard input output streams and check for errors in Erlang?

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Sat Jan 4 23:37:41 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Michael Loftis <mloftis@REDACTED> wrote:

> I've been using unix and Linux for well over a decade at this
> point...and I've *never* heard of /dev/full, null, yes, full, no.  If
> it doesn't exist and you're not running as root, your *shell* is going
> to error out before erlang is even started because it won't be able to
> open the device, or create it.

See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man4/full.4.html .

On my Ubuntu 12.04 box:

$ ls -l /dev/full
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 7 Dec 27 20:26 /dev/full
$ echo 1 > /dev/full
-bash: echo: write error: No space left on device

--steve