[erlang-questions] ETS ordering

Ludovic Demblans ludovic@REDACTED
Fri Feb 28 23:48:01 CET 2014

Hi,

So I feel reassured, thank you.

I know (a bit) mnesia but I don't need much functionality and I may want
have a table per each sell point, I don't want to deal with different
record-name/table-name in mnesia at the moment. I can go to mnesia quickly
anyway because I use it already on the same project.

But I looked a bit and I've found messages on this list stating that the
best thing to do is to fetch all the matching records in a list and then
sorting it. In LYSE (mafiapp) Fred fetchs records into a dict and then
work on this dict.

So, what functionalities of mnesia could help dealing with ordering ? I've
found some ordering related stuff in the docs for the qlc module but as
you may have noticed, english read/write could be hard somehow.

Anyway ETS should be enough to implement a simple prototype.

Thanks again !

-- lud

--
Utilisant le logiciel de courrier révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/