[erlang-questions] "Remote" types in Erlang (Re: Breaking backwards compatibility in Release 17.0-rc2)

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Fri Feb 28 03:44:37 CET 2014

While I agree with the need of feature flags or the run time environment
version identifier macros, I think the following Dialyzer type issue needs
transitional solution between R16 and 17 and a separate attention from the OTP
team. I've been just facing this issue while I'm writing pieces of code for
coming Erlang Factory.

I should also say that orddict() was not among the "magically introduced
types" in R16B03-1; I had to steal the definition from
lib/stdlib/src/orddict.erl in R16B03-1.

Kenji Rikitake

++> Jesper Louis Andersen <jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> [2014-02-28 00:06:34 +0100]:
> Release 17.0 brings two changes which prove to take some work getting
> around.
[snip]