[erlang-questions] Difference between erl_receive and erl_receive_msg

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Thu Feb 27 19:11:03 CET 2014

>From memory, I think your interpretation is correct. The _msg function
expects an Erlang message from the distribution layer, not just a simple
binary term. For that you'd need to promote your "simple" C code to be a
proper C node. That's not too difficult and brings further benefits, like
being able to rpc into Erlang from C.

Robby