[erlang-questions] Library application and it's dependencies

Andreas Stenius erlang@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 20:20:25 CET 2014

> [...]
>
> You can consider it a rebar bug, if you have to manually list parse
>> transforms in erl_first_files. If that's the case, give the (hopefully
>> soon to be merged) https://github.com/rebar/rebar/pull/129 a try.

The issue seems a bit deeper than that. The thing is, that merl has some
rather unusual compile rules for compiling the parse transform, in that it
compiles it twice, and for the second pass, it applies itself during
compile.

So, is there any way to tell rebar to use a projects make file rather than
simply compiling erl files and "hoping" for the best; especially when there
is no rebar.config for the project. (@tuncer ?)

I was considering that it would be possible to achieve the same build using
a rebar config file using hooks and stuff, but then I suppose it would need
to live in the merl repo.. ? feels like that would defeat the purpose a
bit, if I need to tweak the dependency project to make it work with rebar..
or I'm not familiar enough with rebar, which is more than likely ;)

Either that, or I could add merl as a git subproject, and hook it up that
way, integrating the merl build into the erlydtl one, so that the merl beam
files and includes would be available from erlydtl's path.. but that's a
rather kludgy way of doing things.. hmm.